Fellowship Reference: BPD_MAY_2016_SPONGES_01
The 3B’s Research Group - Biomaterials, Biodegradables and Biomimetics (www.3bs.uminho.pt), University of Minho, Portugal, a member of the ICVS/3B’s – Associate Laboratory, opens a call for one research fellowship for outstanding and highly motivated PhD holders under the project SponGES, funded by the HORIZON2020 European Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. This project, entitled ”Deep-sea Sponge Grounds Ecosystems of the North Atlantic: an integrated approach towards their preservation and sustainable exploitation”, comprises a work-package on the biotechnological potential of North Atlantic deep-sea sponges, namely as bioinspiration for the development of new systems and tools for human tissue regeneration approaches.
The fellowship will be attributed under the following conditions:
1. Fellowship Term and Legal Status: The fellowship will have an initial period of 3 months, expected to start in May 2016, which can be renewed upon positive evaluation, with a possibility for an extension until the end of the project (February 2020). It is a full time research fellowship and all the conditions established by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology will be applied (more information http://www.fct.pt).
2. Profile and work plan of the candidates: The call is open to candidates holding a PhD in marine biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related areas. Experience with marine origin compounds and/or application in human health will be positively valorized.
3. Fellowships Value: The fellowship value will be based on the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology rules for fellowships, monthly stipend of 1495 euros for research fellowship – PhD level (tax free) (more information http://www.fct.pt).
4. Selection methods: Curriculum Evaluation and Interview. The evaluation criteria is as following:
A. Curriculum Evaluation
A.1. Academic qualifications (50%)
A.2. Research Experience under the project scope
B. Interview (50%)
B.1. Professional and behavioral skills.
The candidates will be classified with a scale of 1 to 20 for each criteria, and candidates classified with a score below 15 in the Curriculum Evaluation will not be admitted to the Interview. In the interview the candidates scoring bellow 15 will be also excluded.
Jury Panel: Prof. Rui L. Reis (President), Dr. Tiago H. Silva, Dr. Ana Rita Duarte and Dr. Ricardo Pires.
6. Documents: Motivation letter (maximum one A4 page), copy of the Certificate of academic degree(s) and detailed Curriculum Vitae.
7. Period of application: The Applications should be submitted (using the Fellowship Reference: BPD_MAY_2016_SPONGES_01) from 5th to 18th April 2016, by e-mail to email@example.com or ordinary mail to:
A/c Prof. Rui L. Reis
3B's Research Group - Biomaterials, Biodegradables and Biomimetics
University of Minho
Headquarters of the European Institute of Excellence on Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
AvePark – Parque de Ciência e Tecnologia,
Zona Industrial da Gandra
4805-017 Barco GMR
For more information on the 3B’s Research Group – University of Minho and the Headquarters of the European Institute of Excellence on Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, please see: http://www.3bs.uminho.pt or contact Tel.: +351 253 510900.